- We haven't been to the dr. since his 6 month check up but according to our rough calculations he weighs about 23lbs and his height is unknown. He wiggles too much to get a good measure.
- He is wearing mostly 12 month clothes.
- He graduated from his infant car seat to a convertible seat already. What was I thinking getting a 22lb limit infant seat? He blew threw that one!
- He is crawling like a champ, pulling up, he stood up once on his own, and he can climb up stairs.
- He can turn some of his toys "on" by pushing a button and he can put (toy) balls in the right hole to watch them go down a maze.
- He likes to eat! I can't sit down to eat without him crawling up to me for a bite. He has liked pretty much everything he's tried, maybe not always initially sometimes, but he eventually warms up to it.
- He still nurses for every meal except dinner.
- He said "mamma" for a couple days and now everything is "dadda," "dad," or "dadadada." He also says "ba" when I hand him a tennis ball and he tries to to make a "moo" sound but it sounds more like a low "ooooooooooo"
- When I say "no" and shake my head he shakes his head back at me sometimes (cute).
- He likes banging on stuff and making loud noises.
- He still only has his bottom two front teeth, but I think the top two may be coming in any day now. He has an "eruption cyst" on the top right which according to the trusty internet is pretty harmless but sometimes happens before the tooth comes in.
- He has some separation anxiety from me, especially when we drop him off at the church nursery. They say he calms down after a couple minutes but it is hard to leave him when he is crying like he is going to die if I leave him (I think I might be projecting my feelings). He usually does a lot better with his grandparents and people he sees more often.
- I'm afraid to say it because I don't want to jinx it, but he has been a healthy boy. He has only had a couple colds and those pretty much just go away on their own.
You are a sweet, curious, wiggly, silly, loud, little man and you have captured our hearts. We love you very much Mr. Michael!
I couldn't decide on which pic, so I put both :-)
He doesn't stay in the sitting position very long these days...